Frankston City Council is located on the eastern shores of Port Phillip Bay where the beach meets with the natural landscapes of the Mornington Peninsula. We are a diverse community that provides a vibrant lifestyle along with a growing economic and arts sector.
Our leadership team is committed to building an engaged and collaborative culture where innovation and being future focused are the norm. If you want to help shape the future of Frankston, now is the time to join our team!
About the role
The Council’s Fleet Services Department is looking for a qualified diesel Mechanic who will be responsible for the maintenance and repairs to the Council’s passenger fleet, heavy plant and equipment.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out maintenance and repairs to the Council's major and minor plant vehicles to a safe and roadworthy condition in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and procedures for servicing;
- Reporting any roadworthy or unsafe plant/vehicles and equipment observed during servicing or repairing to the Fleet Services Team Leader; and
- Ensuring servicing is performed in a timely manner to minimise down time for the operations of the team.
This is a full-time position which includes the option of working a 9-day fortnight.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- A Trade Certificate in Heavy Diesel Mechanics;
- The ability to complete jobs within a set time and standard of quality required; and
- A current Medium Rigid Truck Licence.
Why Frankston Council?
Be part of a workplace that is looking to transform the way that we work and build on our values “Kinder, Fairer, Smarter”. As an employee, you will have access to benefits such as:
- Flexible working hours;
- Rostered Day Off;
- Access to professional and career development opportunities; and
- Purchased leave.
An attractive remuneration may be negotiated.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or have any questions, please contact Paul Twaites on 9768 1569 or via email on Paul.Twaites@frankston.vic.gov.au
You will need to provide evidence of your right to work in Australia, certified copies of your qualifications, a current Driver Licence and Working with Children Check. You must also be willing to provide a Pre-Employment Health Declaration and undertake a National Police Record Check.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information
It is a condition of employment that all Frankston City Council employees are required to have Covid-19 Vaccinations as per Council’s Mandatory Vaccination Policy. Successful candidates will be required to declare their Covid-19 Vaccination status and provide a copy of a valid Vaccination Certificate as part of the pre-employment process, prior to being offered a position.
Frankston City Council is committed to building a culture that values diversity and promotes a workplace that welcomes and includes the unique contributions of all people. We encourage applications from individuals of all ages, backgrounds and identities.
Frankston City Council has zero tolerance for child abuse. Protecting children and preventing child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all Councillors, employees, contractors and volunteers.