School Crossing Supervisor
Job no: 492514
Work type: Part Time
Frankston City Council is located on the eastern shores of Port Phillip Bay where the beach meets with the natural landscapes of the Mornington Peninsula. We are a diverse community that provides a vibrant lifestyle along with a growing economic and arts sector.
Our leadership team is committed to building an engaged and collaborative culture where innovation and being future focused are the norm. If you want to help shape the future of Frankston, now is the time to join our team!
About the role
Councils Safer Communities Department is looking for a School Crossing Supervisors who will be responsible for providing supervision and ensure the safety of children and the general public using school crossings in accordance with Council regulations and requirements of relevant legislation. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Children's School Crossing Supervision by providing supervision to and ensure the safety of children's and the general public using the school crossings, and supervise any School Crossings as directed.
- Customer Service by developing strong and positive relationships with both internal and external customers. Contribute to the development of high quality customer service to all members of the public, and perform all duties in a manner which promotes effective teamwork and good public relations.
- Reporting of any hazards and School Crossing maintenance requests, Occupational Health and Safety issues and Traffic and Parking offences.
We are currently recruiting both part-time and casual roles, with hours varying between 7 - 10 hours per week. The roles may include working up to 3 hours per day, with the working days being Monday to Friday.
- Adequate physical fitness and mobility applicable to this position (including vision and hearing)
- General knowledge of the Victorian Road Rules and Local Government Act in relation to School Crossings
- Demonstrated awareness of relevant health and safety issues
- Hold a current Driver's License
Why Frankston Council?
Be part of a workplace that is looking to transform the way that we work and build on our values “Kinder, Fairer, Smarter”. As an employee, you will have access to benefits such as:
- Access to professional and career development opportunities
This position is a Band 1 currently remunerated as per below:
- This Part Time position is remunerated at $29.35 per hour, plus superannuation.
- The Casual position is remunerated at $36.69 per hour, plus superannuation.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or have any questions, please contact Sally McIlwraith on email@example.com.
You will need to provide evidence of your right to work in Australia, certified copies of your qualifications, a current Driver Licence and Working with Children Check. You must also be willing to provide a Pre-Employment Health Declaration and undertake a National Police Record Check.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information
It is a condition of employment that all Frankston City Council employees are required to have Covid-19 Vaccinations and any associated boosters as required by Council’s Mandatory Vaccination Policy. Successful candidates will be required to declare their Covid-19 Vaccination status and provide a copy of a valid Vaccination Certificate as part of the pre-employment process, prior to being offered a position.
Frankston City Council is committed to building a culture that values diversity and promotes a workplace that welcomes and includes the unique contributions of all people. We encourage applications from individuals of all ages, backgrounds and identities.
Frankston City Council has zero tolerance for child abuse. Protecting children and preventing child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all Councillors, employees, contractors and volunteers.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend