Frankston City Council is located on the eastern shores of Port Phillip Bay where the beach meets with the natural landscapes of the Mornington Peninsula. We are a diverse community that provides a vibrant lifestyle along with a growing economic and arts sector.
Our leadership team is committed to building an engaged and collaborative culture where innovation and being future focused are the norm. If you want to help shape the future of Frankston, now is the time to join our team!
About the role
The Principal Planner role supports the delivery of high quality Statutory Planning services by leading the processing of larger or more complex planning applications, and supporting Team Leaders in the supervision and review of work by less experienced planning team members.
Key responsibilities of the position involve:
- Providing a high standard of professional advice to customers.
- Processing planning applications, preparing reports and making recommendations.
- Mentoring less experienced team members and reviewing work outputs.
- Preparing submissions and representing Council at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
- Contributing to continuous improvement of department work systems by identifying improvement opportunities and contributing to cross functional teams.
There are 2x full-time positions available, with temporary flexible and hybrid working arrangements available.
- You will have a planning qualification and relevant planning experience and technical understanding to process larger or more complex planning applications
- You will have great customer service skills and a commitment to providing quality customer service
- You will have a strong interest and desire to improve work processes and systems
- You will have an interest in mentoring and developing the skills of less experienced team members.
Why Frankston Council?
Be part of a workplace that is looking to transform the way that we work and build on our values “Kinder, Fairer, Smarter”. As an employee, you will have access to benefits such as:
- Hybrid working location arrangements
- Flexible working hours
- Rostered Day Off
- Access to professional and career development opportunities
- Purchased leave
- Paid Parental leave
- Christmas Shut Down Leave
The positions are Band 7 and effective 1 July 2022, is remunerated between $104,144.59 to $116,110.74 per annum, plus superannuation.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or have any questions, please contact Oliver Rees, Acting Statutory Planning Coordinator on 9784 1710 or (Oliver.Rees@frankston.vic.gov.au).
We encourage you to talk to us about any adjustments or additional support you may require during the recruitment process, as well as how this role can be flexible for you.
Frankston City Council is committed to building a culture that values diversity and promotes a workplace that welcomes and includes the unique contributions of all people. We encourage applications from individuals of all ages, backgrounds and identities.
Frankston City Council has zero tolerance for child abuse. Protecting children and preventing child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all Councillors, employees, contractors and volunteers.
You will need to provide evidence of your right to work in Australia, certified copies of your qualifications, a current Driver Licence and Working with Children Check. You must also be willing to provide a Pre-Employment Health Declaration and undertake a National Police Record Check.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information
It is a condition of employment that all Frankston City Council employees are required to have Covid-19 Vaccinations and any associated boosters as required by Council’s Mandatory Vaccination Policy. Successful candidates will be required to declare their Covid-19 Vaccination status and provide a copy of a valid Vaccination Certificate as part of the pre-employment process, prior to being offered a position.