Frankston City Council is located on the eastern shores of Port Phillip Bay where the beach meets with the natural landscapes of the Mornington Peninsula. We are a diverse community that provides a vibrant lifestyle along with a growing economic and arts sector.
Our leadership team is committed to building an engaged and collaborative culture where innovation and being future focused are the norm. If you want to help shape the future of Frankston, now is the time to join our team!
About the position
Council’s Information Technology Operations Department is looking for a Senior Database Administrator who will be responsible for ensuring optimum business efficiency, technically robust systems and the security of existing databases.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Providing specialist advice and working closely with business partners to design and implement solutions for the rapid transformation to an integrated digital environment;
- Utilising highly developed DBA skills, data transformation, reporting, data management and report production in Microsoft Power BI;
- Providing BAU activities along with projects and initiatives that will require database and reporting components, including the development and maintenance of data models for analysts across the organisation to consume using Power BI;
- Mentoring other team members, aiding their overall understanding of data, integration and reporting practices; and
- Assisting in the management of the hardware and software as related to the operations of the SQL Server DBMS, including system development, maintenance, and recommendations of purchases of new hardware and software.
This is a full time position working 38 hours per week
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Relevant qualifications in Information Technology, and/or extensive and diverse experience in developing, monitoring and maintaining MS SQL databases, integrations and Power BI reporting at an enterprise grade level;
- Sound knowledge of enterprise grade database principles and demonstrated ability to monitor and performance tune where required;
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualise, prepare and launch data warehouse and reporting objects on time and within scope;
- Proven experience with building and maintaining Microsoft SSAS Cubes;
- Awareness of emerging technologies and able to translate implications of the new technology to ICT management; and
- Demonstrated experience leading and influencing decisions regarding database, integration and reporting decisions.
Benefits of working at Frankston City Council
Be part of a workplace that is looking to transform the way that we work and build on our values “Kinder, Fairer, Smarter”. As an employee, you will have access to benefits such as:
- Hybrid Working Model;
- Flexible working hours;
- Rostered Day Off (Full time roles only);
- Access to professional and career development opportunities;
- Purchased leave;
- Paid Parental leave;
- Paid Christmas Shut Down Leave;
- Free onsite parking (Civic Centre);
- Employee assistance program; and
- Salary sacrifice gym membership at Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre.
This position is a Band 7 currently remunerated between $104,144 to $116,110 per annum, plus superannuation. Salary level will be based on the experience of the candidate. Overtime will also be paid as required.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or have any questions, please contact Denver Lewis on 0460 846 998 or via email at Denver.Lewis@frankston.vic.gov.au
Culture at Frankston
Frankston City Council respectfully acknowledges the traditional owners, the Bunurong people, as the custodians of the land on which we live and work and their Elders past and present.
Council is committed to building a culture that values diversity and promotes a workplace that welcomes and includes the unique contributions of all people. We encourage applications from individuals of all ages, backgrounds and identities. As well as applicants who identify as being Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, are culturally diverse, LGBTQIA+ or who have a disability to apply.
Council has zero tolerance for child abuse. Protecting children and preventing child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all Councillors, employees, contractors and volunteers.
We encourage you to talk to us about any adjustments or additional support you may require during the recruitment process, as well as how this role can be flexible for you.
You will need to provide evidence of your right to work in Australia, certified copies of your qualifications, a current Driver Licence and Working with Children Check. You must also be willing to provide a Pre-Employment Health Declaration and undertake a National Police Record Check.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information
It is a condition of employment that all Frankston City Council employees are required to have Covid-19 Vaccinations and any associated boosters as required by Council’s Mandatory Vaccination Policy. Successful candidates will be required to declare their Covid-19 Vaccination status and provide a copy of a valid Vaccination Certificate as part of the pre-employment process, prior to being offered a position.