Frankston City Council is located on the eastern shores of Port Phillip Bay where the beach meets with the natural landscapes of the Mornington Peninsula. We are a diverse community that provides a vibrant lifestyle along with a growing economic and arts sector.
Our leadership team is committed to building an engaged and collaborative culture where innovation and being future focused are the norm. If you want to help shape the future of Frankston, now is the time to join our team!
About the position
Council’s Waste Circularity Department is looking for a Waste & Closed Landfill Management Officer who will be responsible for ensuring compliance with a range of environmental legislation and community expectations.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring environmental compliance across Council's closed licensed landfill site;
- Ensure contractor compliance with Councils multiple waste service contracts; and
- Monitor numerous downstream providers to ensure waste streams are being appropriately handled and processed.
This is a full time role working 38 hours per week.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Environmental Science or equivalent qualification or substantial relevant experience;
- Demonstrated relevant experience in contact management and OH&S; and
- Experience in waste, civil engineering, environmental science or associated field.
Benefits of working at Frankston City Council
Be part of a workplace that is looking to transform the way that we work and build on our values “Kinder, Fairer, Smarter”. As an employee, you will have access to benefits such as:
- Flexible working hours
- Rostered Day Off (Full time roles only)
- Access to professional and career development opportunities
- Purchased leave
- Paid Parental leave
- Paid Christmas Shut Down Leave
- Free onsite parking (Civic Centre)
- Employee assistance program
- Salary sacrifice gym membership at Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre.
This position is a Band 6 currently remunerated between $93,402 to $102,605 per annum, plus superannuation. Salary level will be based on the experience level of the candidate.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or have any questions, please contact Simon Byrne on (03) 9768 1546 or email@example.com
Culture at Frankston City Council
Frankston City Council respectfully acknowledges the traditional owners, the Bunurong people, as the custodians of the land on which we live and work and their Elders past and present.
Council is committed to building a culture that values diversity and promotes a workplace that welcomes and includes the unique contributions of all people. We encourage applications from individuals of all ages, backgrounds and identities. As well as applicants who identify as being Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, are culturally diverse, LGBTQIA+ or who have a disability to apply.
Council has zero tolerance for child abuse. Protecting children and preventing child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all Councillors, employees, contractors and volunteers.
We encourage you to talk to us about any adjustments or additional support you may require during the recruitment process, as well as how this role can be flexible for you.
You will need to provide evidence of your right to work in Australia, certified copies of your qualifications, a current Driver Licence and Working with Children Check. You must also be willing to provide a Pre-Employment Health Declaration and undertake a National Police Record Check.