Frankston City Council is located on the eastern shores of Port Phillip Bay where the beach meets with the natural landscapes of the Mornington Peninsula. We are a diverse community that provides a vibrant lifestyle along with a growing economic and arts sector.
Our leadership team is committed to building an engaged and collaborative culture where innovation and being future focused are the norm. If you want to help shape the future of Frankston, now is the time to join our team!
About the position
Council’s Fleet Services Department is looking for a qualified and hardworking Fleet Services Team Leader who will be responsible for leading and managing the workshop staff to achieve maximum safety standards, productivity and cost effectiveness in maintaining heavy plant and equipment, minor plant, light fleet vehicles and general workshop activities.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Effectively lead and manage Councils workshop staff to achieve maximum safety standards, productivity and cost effectiveness in maintaining Councils heavy plant and equipment, minor plant, light fleet vehicles and general workshop activities;
- Participating in corporate and department initiatives that include community planning, business planning and other organisation development activities; and
- Ensuring budgetary compliance by monthly based financial reports and adjust the forecast, so that Workshop effectively meets budget objectives.
This is a full-time position.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- A trade Certificate in Heavy Diesel Mechanics;
- The ability to supervise, train (including apprentices), manage performance and delegate duties to staff;
- Well-developed communication skills;
- Extensive practical experience in heavy plant and vehicle maintenance and repairs; and
- Current licence to operate light and heavy plant and equipment including a current Victorian Drivers Licence, Heavy Combination Licence (HC), Licence to Perform High Risk Work Forklift (LF).
Benefits of working at Frankston City Council
Be part of a workplace that is looking to transform the way that we work and build on our values “Kinder, Fairer, Smarter”. As an employee, you will have access to benefits such as:
- Rostered Day Off (Full time roles only);
- Access to professional and career development opportunities;
- Purchased leave;
- Paid Christmas Shut Down Leave;
- Employee assistance program; and
- Salary sacrifice gym membership at Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre.
This position is a Band 5 currently remunerated between $76,859 to $88,285 per annum plus superannuation. Salary level will be based on the experience level of the candidate. Overtime will also be paid as required.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or have any questions, please contact Paul Twaites on (03) 9768 1569 or via email at Paul.Twaites@frankston.vic.gov.au
Culture at Frankston City Council
Frankston City Council respectfully acknowledges the traditional owners, the Bunurong people, as the custodians of the land on which we live and work and their Elders past and present.
Council is committed to building a culture that values diversity and promotes a workplace that welcomes and includes the unique contributions of all people. We encourage applications from individuals of all ages, backgrounds and identities. As well as applicants who identify as being Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, are culturally diverse, LGBTQIA+ or who have a disability to apply.
Council has zero tolerance for child abuse. Protecting children and preventing child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all Councillors, employees, contractors and volunteers.
We encourage you to talk to us about any adjustments or additional support you may require during the recruitment process, as well as how this role can be flexible for you.
You will need to provide evidence of your right to work in Australia, certified copies of your qualifications, a current Driver Licence and Working with Children Check. You must also be willing to provide a Pre-Employment Health Declaration and undertake a National Police Record Check.