Frankston City Council is located on the eastern shores of Port Phillip Bay where the beach meets with the natural landscapes of the Mornington Peninsula. We are a diverse community that provides a vibrant lifestyle along with a growing economic and arts sector.
Our leadership team is committed to building an engaged and collaborative culture where innovation and being future focused are the norm. If you want to help shape the future of Frankston, now is the time to join our team!
About the position
Council’s Drainage and After Hours Team is looking for a Supervisor - City Works who will be responsible for supervising and carrying out program maintenance of Councils zone works specializing in storm water drainage infrastructure.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Team Leader to allocate resources for works programs, obtain quotations, and supervise contractors for operational and capital works project delivery.
- Undertake audits, risk assessments and implement solutions resulting from these to ensure public safety is maintained.
- Maintain accurate records of completed tasks and inspections and ensure logged electronic data management system
This is a full time role working 38 hours per week over a 9 day fortnight.
As the successful candidate, you will have
- Proven experience in supervising/managing a team
- Demonstrable analytical and investigative skills to adequately research issues.
- Valid Medium Rigid Truck Licence
- Ability to competently use Windows based programs, including as effective tools to collect and produce reports, control costs and manage contractors
- Experience maintaining drainage and road networks is highly advantageous
Benefits of working at Frankston City Council
Be part of a workplace that is looking to transform the way that we work and build on our values “Kinder, Fairer, Smarter”. As an employee, you will have access to benefits such as:
- Rostered Day Off (Full time roles only)
- Access to professional and career development opportunities
- Purchased leave
- Paid Parental leave
- Free onsite parking
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Salary sacrifice gym membership at Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre.
This position is a Band 4 currently remunerated between $69,384.41 to $73,838.17 per annum, plus superannuation. Salary level will be based on the experience level of the candidate. Overtime will also be paid as required.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or have any questions, please contact Nathan Coles on email at Nathan.firstname.lastname@example.org
The position description for this role can be found on the Frankston City Council Careers page.
Culture at Frankston City Council
Frankston City Council respectfully acknowledges the traditional owners, the Bunurong people, as the custodians of the land on which we live and work and their Elders past and present.
Council is committed to building a culture that values diversity and promotes a workplace that welcomes and includes the unique contributions of all people. We encourage applications from individuals of all ages, backgrounds and identities. As well as applicants who identify as being Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, are culturally diverse, LGBTQIA+ or who have a disability to apply.
Council has zero tolerance for child abuse. Protecting children and preventing child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all Councillors, employees, contractors and volunteers.
We encourage you to talk to us about any adjustments or additional support you may require during the recruitment process, as well as how this role can be flexible for you.
You will need to provide evidence of your right to work in Australia, certified copies of your qualifications, a current Driver Licence and Working with Children Check. You must also be willing to provide a Pre-Employment Health Declaration and undertake a National Police Record Check.
Please note: Previous applicants need not apply