Frankston City Council is located on the eastern shores of Port Phillip Bay where the beach meets with the natural landscapes of the Mornington Peninsula. We are a diverse community that provides a vibrant lifestyle along with a growing economic and arts sector.
Our leadership team is committed to building an engaged and collaborative culture where innovation and being future focused are the norm. If you want to help shape the future of Frankston, now is the time to join our team!
About the position
Rapid Response Department is looking for an Infrastructure Maintenance Officer who will be responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of Council’s infrastructures and assets, throughout the Frankston municipality.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Perform all infrastructure maintenance tasks and repairs in accordance with works programs and management systems. Works will include, Parks Infrastructure, asphalt, pit, concrete and minor civil repairs across roads signage and drainage areas.
- Cleaning activities across all of Civil Infrastructure maintenance works within set specifications. This will include Cleansing, brush cutting, minor chemical and graffiti removal.
- Assess work to be undertaken and estimate quantities of materials required.
This is a full-time position working a 9-day fortnight, working 8.44 hours per day.
- Ability to priorities and plan own work.
- Independent thinking & problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with individually or as part of a team.
- Experience in the use of a variety of tools, plant and mechanical equipment relating to infrastructure maintenance
Whilst not essential to the role, the following qualifications and/or experience would be most advantageous:
- Traffic Control Ticket
- Fork lift licence
- Chainsaw Proficiency Certificate
Benefits of working at Frankston City Council
Be part of a workplace that is looking to transform the way that we work and build on our values “Kinder, Fairer, Smarter”. As an employee, you will have access to benefits such as:
- Rostered Day Off (Full time roles only)
- Access to professional and career development opportunities
- Purchased leave
- Paid Parental leave
- Paid Christmas Shut Down Leave
- Free onsite parking
- Employee assistance program
- Salary sacrifice gym membership at Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre.
This position is a Band 3 currently remunerated between $64,621.28 to $68,450.62 per annum, plus superannuation. Salary level will be based on the experience level of the candidate. Overtime will also be paid as required.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or have any questions, please contact Tiffany Brockhus at Tiffany.Brockhus@Frankston.vic.gov.au
The position description for this role can be found on the Frankston City Council Careers page.
Culture at Frankston City Council
Frankston City Council respectfully acknowledges the traditional owners, the Bunurong people, as the custodians of the land on which we live and work and their Elders past and present.
Council is committed to building a culture that values diversity and promotes a workplace that welcomes and includes the unique contributions of all people. We encourage applications from individuals of all ages, backgrounds and identities. As well as applicants who identify as being Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, are culturally diverse, LGBTQIA+ or who have a disability to apply.
Council has zero tolerance for child abuse. Protecting children and preventing child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all Councillors, employees, contractors and volunteers.
We encourage you to talk to us about any adjustments or additional support you may require during the recruitment process, as well as how this role can be flexible for you.
You will need to provide evidence of your right to work in Australia, certified copies of your qualifications, a current Driver License and Working with Children Check. You must also be willing to provide a Pre-Employment Health Declaration and undertake a National Police Record Check.