Frankston City Council is located on the eastern shores of Port Phillip Bay where the beach meets with the natural landscapes of the Mornington Peninsula. We are a diverse community that provides a vibrant lifestyle along with a growing economic and arts sector.
Our leadership team is committed to building an engaged and collaborative culture where innovation and being future focused are the norm. If you want to help shape the future of Frankston, now is the time to join our team!
About the position
Council’s Arts & Culture Department is looking for a Team Leader Technical Operations who will be responsible for providing leadership in the technical operations of the Frankston Arts Precinct
The main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the daily technical operations of Frankston Arts Precinct venues and spaces;
- Managing the rostering and development of the Technical Team and associated resources;
- Ensuring provision of high quality technical service from pre-production to end of Event; and
- Providing a safe and welcoming onstage environment for Council, staff and Clients.
This is a full-time position.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary level qualification to certificate 4 minimum and/or extensive experience in the theatre & events industry;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the technical aspects of theatre performances, events, exhibitions, workshops & festivals;
- Strong computer skills in administration, event and venue management software packages – Ungerboeck or similar;
- Proven ability to manage OH&S in a high risk environment; and
- Capacity to operate a variety of theatrical lighting, audio, A/V and staging equipment.
Benefits of working at Frankston City Council
Be part of a workplace that is looking to transform the way that we work and build on our values “Kinder, Fairer, Smarter”. As an employee, you will have access to benefits such as:
- Flexible working hours;
- Access to professional and career development opportunities;
- Purchased leave;
- Paid Parental leave;
- Paid Christmas Shut Down Leave;
- Free onsite parking (Civic Centre);
- Employee assistance program; and
- Salary sacrifice gym membership at Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre.
This position is a Band 6 position currently remunerated between $93,402 to $102,605 per annum, plus superannuation. Salary level will be based on the experience level of the candidate. Overtime will also be paid as required.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or have any questions, please contact Tim Blundell on (03) 9784 1058 or via email at Tim.Blundell@frankston.vic.gov.au
Culture at Frankston City Council
Frankston City Council respectfully acknowledges the traditional owners, the Bunurong people, as the custodians of the land on which we live and work and their Elders past and present.
Council is committed to building a culture that values diversity and promotes a workplace that welcomes and includes the unique contributions of all people. We encourage applications from individuals of all ages, backgrounds and identities. As well as applicants who identify as being Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, are culturally diverse, LGBTQIA+ or who have a disability to apply.
Council has zero tolerance for child abuse. Protecting children and preventing child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all Councillors, employees, contractors and volunteers.
We encourage you to talk to us about any adjustments or additional support you may require during the recruitment process, as well as how this role can be flexible for you.
You will need to provide evidence of your right to work in Australia, certified copies of your qualifications, a current Driver Licence and Working with Children Check. You must also be willing to provide a Pre-Employment Health Declaration and undertake a National Police Record Check.